[ESIP-AQ] Town Hall at this week's AGU Meeting in San Francisco

Gregory.J.Frost Gregory.J.Frost at noaa.gov
Mon Dec 13 08:26:29 EST 2010

Dear Colleague,

We invite you to attend a Town Hall on /Community Emissions Efforts -
Addressing Science and Policy Needs/ at the AGU Fall Meeting in San
Francisco. This brown-bag lunchtime discussion is scheduled for 12:30 -
13:30 on Thursday, 16 December 2010, in Moscone West Room 2005.

We will briefly present ongoing international efforts to facilitate
emissions research, including the Global Emissions Inventory Activity
(GEIA, http://www.geiacenter.org/) and the Community Initiative for
Emissions Research and Applications (CIERA, http://www.ciera-air.org/).
This introduction will be followed by an open discussion of how the
emissions information needs of scientific researchers and society at
large could be better addressed by these community activities.

We look forward to your participation in this Town Hall and throughout
the day in the related oral and poster sessions on /Quantification of
Emissions - Addressing Current and Future Challenges/ (sessions A41I,
A42B, and A43D; http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/program/index.php), all
taking place on Thursday, 16 December. Whether attending or not, please
consider sharing your thoughts or sending your questions by email to
gregory.j.frost at noaa.gov <mailto:Gregory.j.frost at noaa.gov>.

Thank you.

Greg Frost, Claire Granier, and Gabrielle Petron

NOAA/Earth System Research Laboratory and University of Colorado/CIRES

--
Gregory J. Frost
CIRES Research Associate
email: Gregory.J.Frost at noaa.gov