[ESIP-AQ] AQ Community Metadata Record Call - Wednesday, May 9, 10 EDT (2 pm UTC)

Yang, Wenli (GSFC-610.2)[GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY] wenli.yang-1 at nasa.gov
Tue May 8 18:46:06 EDT 2012

We registered some GES DISC's AQ ISO metadata records in the GEOSS WAF (Web Accessible Folder).  The xsl file was used to test transforming some files.  One of the tested files is http://geobrain.laits.gmu.edu/CatalogXML/GES-DISC-OMI-OMTO3e.xml. The transformed result is in http://geobrain.laits.gmu.edu/CatalogXML/GES-DISC-OMI-OMTO3e-transformed.xml, which is validated in Oxygen.  A small change needed, either on the input file or the transformed file, was that the root element must be gmi:MI_Metadata, not gmd:MD_Metadata, because the acquisitionInformation is in gmi not in gmd.  If your original file's root element is gmi:MI_Metadata, the xsl should produce a valid file without needing any editing.  I'll check to see if the transformed file can be picked up by the GEOSS clearinghouse.

Wenli

From: Erin Robinson [mailto:erinrobinson at esipfed.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 4:58 PM
To: Martin Schultz; enrico.boldrini at cnr.it; Rudolf Husar; Falke, Stefan R (IS); Yang, Wenli (GSFC-610.2)[GEORGE MASON UNIVERSITY]
Cc: esip-aqcluster at rtpnet.org; lizadams at email.unc.edu; Severine.Bernonville at dlr.de; m.decker at fz-juelich.de; ben at unidata.ucar.edu; tim at sonomatech.com; pe at nilu.no; edfialk at gmail.com; Oleg.Goussev at dlr.de; peter.kjeld at eea.europa.eu; steve at sonomatech.com; rmenon at iitb.ac.in; erinrobinson at esipfed.org; ushankar at unc.edu; sonja.vidic at cirus.dhz.hr; afv at nilu.no; Keating.Terry at epamail.epa.gov; CarpenterA at battelle.org; Schichtel at cira.colostate.edu; Leonor Tarrason
Subject: AQ Community Metadata Record Call - Wednesday, May 9, 10 EDT (2 pm UTC)

Hi All -

With Wenli Yang at NASA I continued to improve the xsl transform<https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuqbppwtjnawfrz/moveFacets.xsl> and we are now validating! I have also connected to Enrico to harvest our records and hopefully we will be able to see that by Wednesday morning.

It would be great to talk about next steps - how to get the appropriate information into the new syntactic format, common vocabulary, etc.

Here are call-in details:

To join the online portion of the meeting:
https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0306ld/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed&service=1
   -Click join next to the meeting name.
   - Enter your name and email address
   - If you are asked for a password, enter the access code: 23138379 with no spaces or #.

To join the audio portion of the Conference meeting via the phone:
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-877-668-4493<tel:1-877-668-4493> Attendee access code: 23138379#

Best-
Erin

Erin Robinson
Information and Virtual Community Director
Foundation for Earth Science | 314.369.9954<tel:314.369.9954> | erinrobinson at esipfed.org<mailto:erinrobinson at esipfed.org>
www.esipfed.org<http://www.esipfed.org>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CD2D4A.D37BACE0]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Federation-of-Earth-Science-Information-Partners-ESIP/150015055044779> [cid:image001.jpg at 01CD2D4A.D37BACE0] <http://www.twitter.com/ESIPFed>  [cid:image001.jpg at 01CD2D4A.D37BACE0] <http://www.vimeo.com/esipfed>