[ESIP-AQ] Launch of the OpenAQ Explorer Tool

Colleen Rosales colleen at openaq.org
Tue Jan 31 18:03:00 EST 2023

Hello, ESIP-AQ Cluster!

It was very nice seeing some of you during last week's session. Thanks
again to Steve for organizing the session!

As some of you may have heard from last week's session, OpenAQ has just
released the OpenAQ Explorer Tool which you can access by going to
explore.openaq.org!

The OpenAQ Explorer allows for data exploration on many levels, including
fine-grained filtering of monitoring locations by data provider, monitor
type, and pollutants measured.
[image: image.png]

We built OpenAQ Explorer to equip users of all abilities with tools to use
the data platform to understand air quality in their community. It opens
the door to individuals and organizations around the world who 1) want to
browse the data before delving deeper; 2) would want to divert the time and
effort to advocacy; and/or 3) don’t have the technical skills to use an
API.

Along with OpenAQ Explorer, we’ve launched a brand-new simple and engaging
website <http://www.openaq.org/> that requires less bandwidth, making it
easier to access where connectivity is poor and/or users have older
devices. This is another important step in OpenAQ’s quest to make air
quality data universally accessible.

Please do provide us feedback, including thoughts on other functionalities
you would like to see. We will also be happy to give workshops or trainings
on how to use the Explorer.

In addition, we are open to possible collaborations / partnerships if you
are interested in having your data freely hosted on OpenAQ for public and
open-access use.

Here are also other links that I invite you to check out:

   - OpenAQ Explorer article on Medium:
   https://openaq.medium.com/introducing-openaq-explorer-2045752348fc
   - OpenAQ origin story on Medium:
   https://openaq.medium.com/the-openaq-origin-story-31e0ce904529
   - ESIP OpenAQ session notes + Jamboard: bit.ly/OpenAQ-ESIPJan2023
   - OpenAQ Landscape report: bit.ly/OpenAQ2022Report

Thank you and we hope to continue to be of use to the ambient air quality
community!

Sincerely,
Colleen

--

*Colleen Marciel F. Rosales, Ph.D. *(she/her/*siya*)
Strategic Partnerships Director, OpenAQ <http://openaq.org/>
colleen at openaq.org
Schedule a 1:1 meeting <https://calendar.app.google/bZhz2WTv5d4HNaC36>

Twitter @openaq <https://twitter.com/OpenAQ> | OpenAQ Slack
<https://join.slack.com/t/openaq/shared_invite/zt-yzqlgsva-v6McumTjy2BZnegIK9XCVw>
| Medium
<https://openaq.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca93b2911fff40db15f6e7203&id=88afe0d1b9&e=6077c09f99>

Sign up for our quarterly newsletter
<https://openaq.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ca93b2911fff40db15f6e7203&id=ff3186c7a2&e=6077c09f99>
 | *Support us with a contribution here
<https://secure.givelively.org/donate/openaq-inc/support-openaq-in-2022>*

***I work on US Eastern Time. If you received this email outside your
normal working hours, please do not feel obliged to reply immediately. *