[ESIP-AQ] NO September 28 ESIP Air Quality Cluster Meeting

frazmo frazmo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 11:48:22 EDT 2023

Dear ESIP AQ Cluster: We will take a break and cancel the 28 September
meeting. We will plan to pick up our normal schedule again and meet 26
October, 4-5 US Eastern time, so please mark that on your calendars. In the
interim, please feel encouraged to message the Cluster with pointers to any
interesting AQ resources and suggestions for future agenda items.

Of recent note, the first data from NASA's new TEMPO instrument are coming
in, and it sounds extremely interesting. Here is a link to NASA's 24 August
press release:

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-shares-first-images-from-us-pollution-monitoring-instrument

And, how many of you are aware that NASA has an Ozone Bioindicator Garden
project? See:

https://airquality.gsfc.nasa.gov/ozone-bioindicator-garden

(I only learned of it from some colleagues who were participating in an
ozone garden in Arlington, Virginia.) I think of this as an interesting
community outreach initiative and creative way to increase awareness that
ozone is damaging to plants as well as animals (and built creations).

Best wishes for the beginning of the Fall season, and cheers,

Steve Young
Co-Chair
Frazmo at gmail.com