[ESIP-AQ] ESIP Air Quality Meeting YES: Thursday 25 April, 4 PM Eastern US Time

frazmo frazmo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 11:08:21 EDT 2024

 Dear ESIP Air Quality Team: I hope everyone is doing well. We will hold
our ESIP Air Quality Cluster meeting at the normal 4th Thursday time and
coordinates:

Thursday, 25 April 2024  4-5 PM U.S. Eastern

Zoom link:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89875556681?pwd=eGNaRzMrdmRTZHJlWFFYc3R4MEduQT09

The current concept is that the AQ Cluster will submit 2 session proposals
for the ESIP Summer Meeting in Asheville NC USA July 23-26. See meeting
info at: [scroll down]

https://www.esipfed.org/meetings/

*AQ session 1 would be technically oriented*, focused on emerging
developments in trustworthy AQ sensors, platforms, systems, and models. I
foresee multiple 5-15 minute updates followed by Q&As panel in a 90-minute
session.

Current notional ideas include:

MethaneSat (launched, Google and EDF partnership)

Other satellite platforms e.g. TEMPO etc -- NASA, others?

New sensors - TBD

Current platforms, especially FAIR open platforms - TBD

Recent AQ model work - Heidi Paulsen, EPA - ?; others

Other ideas? Would like to give AWS a chance to talk; others?

*AQ session 2 would be focused on community needs* and potential
opportunities to help them by leveraging current tech. We need more work to
flesh this out. I want to leverage Karen Moe's great work in Cheverly MD. I
also would like to have at least one speaker from an underserved community
and need ideas on candidates. Work on air toxics in Cancer Alley in the USA
Gulf Coast certainly comes to mind; other ideas? Again, a 90-minute
session, probably fewer talkers and more panel discussion.

Please attend and bring your ideas! And if you have a conflict and are
unable to attend, if you have thoughts, please email me. Thanks!

Best and cheers,

Steve Young
EPA (retired); ESIP AQ Co-chair
Frazmo at gmail.com