[Esip-citationguidelines] Call tomorrow

Parsons, Mark parsom3 at rpi.edu
Wed Feb 19 13:57:19 EST 2020

See agenda at  https://docs.google.com/document/d/18ooEixbchKp-qgAG7qtnebKrWDYsutt4d2eX3HsaWls/edit#

or below

Monthly on the third Thursday at 10:00 US Mountain time.
Virtual location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/429077789
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3112
Access Code: 429-077-789

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Agenda:

The purpose of the call is to define a credit use case for the ‘when to identify’ question to explore for our various research artifacts, and then to begin marching through the matrix again.

For some provocative reading, this paper illustrates how complicated credit and recognition of labor can be.
Scroggins, M. J., and I. V. Pasquetto. 2020. “Labor out of place: On the varieties and valences of (in)visible labor in data-intensive science.” Engaging Science, Technology, and Society 6 111. https://dx.doi.org/10.17351/ests2020.341.

We will need to be careful in how we define our use case. Different labor has different forms of credit and values credit differently.

cheers,

-m.