[Esip-citationguidelines] input on how to represent subset query PIDs in ISO 19115

Reyna Jenkyns reyna at uvic.ca
Fri Mar 27 14:26:30 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I wanted to get your opinion on how to represent the subset query PID in an ISO 19115-1:2014 record as per the RDA Data Citation WG (https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/data-citation-wg.html) guidelines for dynamic data citations (https://www.rd-alliance.org/system/files/documents/TCDL-RDA-Guidelines_160411.pdf).

There seems to be two potential options. With either option, we would have the DataCite DOI information listed under MD_DataIdentification>citation(CI_Citation)>identifier(MD_Identifier)>code as the DataCite DOI and the authority as DataCite.

OPTION 1 - adding an additional identifier (parallel to the DataCite DOI) with code as the local ONC subset query pid and ONC as the authority

OPTION 2 - extending the identifier entry used for the DataCite DOI with the 'otherCitationDetails field, which could be populated with ONC's local subset query PID and some extra text to explain.

I think my preference is OPTION 1, but wanted to get some input and to see what others may have done.

Thanks,
Reyna

Reyna Jenkyns | Data Stewardship Manager
Ocean Networks Canada | T 250 853 3908 | M 250 415 3336 | oceannetworks.ca
#100-2474 Arbutus Road, Victoria, BC, V8N 1V8
ORCID: 0000-0001-6975-6816

A UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA INITIATIVE