[Esip-citationguidelines] Welcome Madison! And notes from today

Mark Parsons parsonsm.work at icloud.com
Thu May 13 17:52:17 EDT 2021

Hi all,

First off, let me thank and congratulate Madison Langseth from USGS for stepping up to co-chair the group. Madison has been a key leader in the group the last couple years. Also, unlike me, Madison is actually responsible for data which needs to be appropriately credited.  Yay Madison!

In today’s meeting we got increasingly focussed. Not only are we focussing on credit for data, we are going to start developing guidelines for how to determine “authorship” or citation-level credit for data — an enhancement or codicil to the current guidelines if you will.

See the notes here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18ooEixbchKp-qgAG7qtnebKrWDYsutt4d2eX3HsaWls/edit?usp=sharing

cheers,

-m.