[Esip-citationguidelines] ESIP Summer Session Preparation

Langseth, Madison L mlangseth at usgs.gov
Mon Jul 12 08:18:45 EDT 2021

Hi All!

I have set up our notes document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y2Jf4gs5FDz_Qw0LFWG6LXAe29cSBrMZr-ei7UvSf-k/edit> for our ESIP Summer session, as well as a Google Sheets doc <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU6anP2-TTvWE_CBpGhryC0DJ8BsfhPe9NNgV4DKRbg/edit#gid=365283645> for our breakout activity. If you get a chance, please look over the instructions and let me know if you think anything is unclear. If you are willing to help facilitate one of the breakout groups (remote sensing, in situ, big field campaigns, physical samples, lab data, citizen science, simulation), please let me know if you have a preference on which data type you'd like to take. I believe Mark already called big field campaigns.

Sarah, we have "data from physical samples" listed as one of our data types that we will use for breakout sessions. Do you think it is appropriate to keep this data type given that we determined in our previous exercise that CRediT didn't really work well for physical samples and that the discussion around credit for physical samples should continue through different groups?

We also have our slide deck<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1t8kX95HYVT2_B1f6gUuH4KmHIVNW0maMdZsV5fQYiIw/edit#slide=id.p> that Mark, Nancy, Ruth, Sarah, and I will be working on for the session.

Thanks, and I hope to see everyone next Monday!

Madison Langseth (she/hers)

U.S. Geological Survey
Science Analytics & Synthesis (SAS)
Denver Federal Center