[ESIP-ResearchArtifactCitation] Credit Session Takeaways

Langseth, Madison L mlangseth at usgs.gov
Thu Aug 11 17:26:33 EDT 2022

Hi ESIP Citation Cluster,

Thanks to everyone who was able to join the cluster meeting today! We had a great discussion today around next steps for the cluster and we will continue that next month. Next week is the session highlights webinar from the ESIP Summer Meeting. I've created a slide <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UN-eqqeDN--4eRYkvHwq4aGmDHQSrNLdf4bGpOimsM8/edit#slide=id.g1405712eec4_0_0> to present next Wednesday, but I'd like feedback on the three takeaways that I have listed:

  *   Project teams need guidance about how and what roles to assign credit

  *   Research community needs tools for visualizing or gaining insight into specific aspects of the PID graph

  *   ESIP Research Artifact Citation Cluster is best suited to helping establish/promote social norms (as opposed to developing technical solutions)

Let me know if you have a better takeaway to contribute (and which current one you think it should replace) or if any of these should be rephrased. Please let me know by 12:00 pm MT on Monday, August 15 so I can submit the final slide by the end of the day Monday.

Thanks!

Madison Langseth (she/hers)

U.S. Geological Survey
Science Analytics & Synthesis (SAS)