[ESIP-ResearchArtifactCitation] Reminder: The next meeting of the Research Artifact Citation Cluster will be next Thursday October 12 @ 4 ET/3 CT/2 MT/1PT

Diana diana.ma at hippocampusanalytics.com
Sun Oct 15 10:46:44 EDT 2023

Dear ESIP Research Artifact Citation Cluster,

As a quick summary, Matt Mayernik gave a readout of the workshop he hosted on Facilities and Instrumentation. More information and the current discussion can be found at the website below. The community is still discussing when a PID is needed versus putting the information in metadata. Also, what is the definition of and proper granularity needed for tracking instrumentation?

https://ncar.github.io/FAIR-Facilities-Instruments/#workshop-information-and-outputs

In general, a range of concerns regarding data handling remain unresolved. The group agreed that it will be useful to consolidate the discussion into fewer focus groups. We decided to put the Research Artifact Citation Group into hiatus and direct members of the group to the Data Stewardship Cluster that is now being stood up. To Join the Data Stewardship Cluster, please sign up  here:

If there is a future need to discuss Research Artifact Citation at a later point, this Cluster can always be reconstituted here.

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Research_Object_Citation

Warm regards

Diana Ma