[Esip-datareadiness] Data Readiness Cluster in March – GeoCroissant discussion & Data Nutrition Project

Douglas Rao - NOAA Affiliate douglas.rao at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 15 12:44:23 EDT 2024

Dear all,

I hope the transition to daylight saving time is treating you well (if you
just went through it). Also, my thoughts to our European colleagues who
will go through the summer time transition soon.

We have a productive week on tap for everyone next week (03/18–03/22).

First, we will use our *March cluster meeting (03/19 at 1 pm ET/UTC-4)* to
continue the discussion about the recently launched croissant by MLCommons.
There is currently a planned GeoCroissant working group that will actively
work on further development of croissant specification for geospatial data.
(Join the meeting here
<https://www.esipfed.org/event/data-readiness-11/2024-03-19/>)

Additionally, we will have a bonus meeting on *03/21 (Thursday) at 4 pm
ET/UTC-4 *with a guest speaker *Kasia **Chmielinski* from Data Nutrition
Project (https://datanutrition.org/) to share their effort in advancing
responsible AI via data nutrition labels. (Join the meeting here
<https://www.esipfed.org/event/data-readiness-guest-speaker/>).

Have a wonderful weekend! Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

-Douglas

--
Douglas Rao, Ph.D. (he/him/his)
Research Scientist

I work on a flexible work schedule and across a number of time zones.
Apologies for any out of hours email.

"Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every
individual makes a difference.” – *Dr. Jane Goodall*