[Esip-discovery] Charrette process

Hua, Hook (388C) hook.hua at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 13 13:47:47 EST 2012

If we go with a constant 6 groups a priori, shall we also determine ~6
perspectives in step 0 to use in the following steps?

Then I think it would be useful to create 6 google docs in advance, so
that each group can collaboratively populate the google doc during the
brainstorming sessions.

I recall at the EarthCube Charrette, some group members stayed behind,
while a few others left to other groups to cross-pollinate ideas, and then
came back to report. So for example, if we have 7 people in a group, we
could have 4 people stay behind, 3 people visit 3 other groups to exchange
ideas. Each group's members that stayed behind would answer questions from
visitors.

Having said this, I think it would only be effective if there is
sufficiently large number of participants.

--Hook