[Esip-discovery] Open Search pain points

Jeff McWhirter via Esip-discovery esip-discovery at lists.esipfed.org
Mon Dec 8 14:37:48 EST 2014

Hi Doug,

Thanks for sending the opensearch links.

For pain points 2 come to mind -

First, (as I am doing this right now)  it would be useful to have a
standard JSON encoding of the search results. This would enable browser
based client implementations.

Secondly - I see in your Open Search descriptor documents you have
parameter definitions. This is a good idea but it doesn't go far enough.
One can't really build an effective UI based solely on the parameter
information. It would be useful to know the parameter types - e.g., string,
enumeration, spatial bounds, time, etc.

-Jeff