[Esip-documentation] ACDD questions

Aleksandar Jelenak - NOAA Affiliate aleksandar.jelenak at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 19 16:32:24 EDT 2013

Hello Nan,

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith at whoi.edu> wrote:
> geospatial_bounds.
> I'm not sure if that's intended to be in addition to the min/max
> lat/long attributes, or an alternative

You could use both but in that case make sure the min/max lat/lon
attributes define a bounding box that fully incorporates the
geopolygon described in geospatial_bounds. I proposed
geospatial_bounds because rectangular bounding box is a gross
oversimplification of satellite swath coverage.

I think the decision which one to use, or both, mostly depends on the
capabilities of the data discovery system cataloging such files.

       -Aleksandar