[Esip-documentation] Strategic plan and ACDD

Derrick Snowden - NOAA Federal derrick.snowden at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 17 15:42:07 EST 2014

Ted,

As one of the voices that was pushing to tidy up what we're calling the
v1.2 ACDD, I inherited the role of organizing the steering committee.  I've
struggled to do much more than organize the occasional telcon.  I'll make a
suggestion and if it's accepted by the steering group then I'll follow
through with organizing a call to vote on the current content.

On the development page (
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Attribute_Convention_for_Data_Discovery_%28ACDD%29_Working)
John Graybeal has done a great job summarizing his recommendations.  If you
look at the Talk page, you'll see a list of outstanding issues and the
conversation that John has mostly carried out with himself.  You and Nan
have weighed in a bit and I made one or two comments.  Since there is no
other activity, I conclude that John, Nan, and yourself are the only ones
who've given much thought to the terms and definitions during the last year.

I propose that John, Nan, and Ted reply all indicating that they are
satisfied with the current state of the list.  When I hear from all three
of you I'll convene a meeting to vote, increment the version to 1.3, update
the wiki, and declare victory.  Of course, if someone else cares to provide
a counter proposal or argument for why the current list is insufficient
then we can reconsider.

Thoughts?

Derrick