[Esip-documentation] ISO TC211 Resolution Honoring Doug Nebert

Ted Habermann via Esip-documentation esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Fri Jun 6 04:11:53 EDT 2014

Hello all,

ISO TC211 just agreed on this resolution recognizing Doug’s contributions. He will be missed.

Ted

Resolution 658         In remembrance of Clifford Kottman and Douglas  Nebert
ISO/TC 211 wishes to express our condolences at the passing of Cliff Kottman on March 26, 2014 after a long period of illness.
Cliff was present at the first ISO/TC 211 plenary and the first representative from OGC to ISO/TC 211. He participated in our work for several years, as a liaison as well as an expert from the USA.
ISO/TC 211 also wishes to express its deep regret and sorrow at the tragic loss of Douglas Nebert who died together with his granddaughter in a plane crash in Oregon, USA, on May 31, 2014.
Doug was a part of ISO/TC 211 in the period of 2001 to 2004, and many of the delegates have also met and cooperated with him in later years through other organizations.
ISO/TC 211 expresses its gratitude for the years we knew Cliff and Doug, for the friendship we shared with them, and their contributions to the community. We are grateful and proud for having known them as professional and enthusiastic colleagues. We ask those that were close to them, and know their family and friends at home, to convey our sincere sympathy and warmth, and assure them of our high regards for Cliff and Doug.

[cid:3777702D-45F4-4250-BB1C-8AFBD78174C5]