[Esip-documentation] ACDD comments --

Aleksandar Jelenak via Esip-documentation esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Mon Sep 22 20:37:40 EDT 2014

Hi Ed,

On 9/22/14, 8:23 PM, "Armstrong, Edward M (398M)"
<Edward.M.Armstrong at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
>Any equi rectangular Level 3 or 4 grid with fixed longitude and latitude
>grid spacing (so the lon/lat coordinate axes are 1 dimensional)

Thanks. I thought so but wanted to be sure. I think the featureType
attribute was introduced in the CF only for discrete sampling geometries.
I don’t know if there are any plans to extend its vocabulary with some
other feature types. A simple “grid” would be a good candidate, no?

	-Aleksandar