[Esip-documentation] ACDD definitions for data and metadata

John Graybeal via Esip-documentation esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Oct 14 15:29:56 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

To save you the trouble of looking it up, here is the content for the section we pre-approved for data and metadata:

Definitions: Data and Metadata
In several ACDD attribute names or definitions, the terms 'data' and 'metadata' are used. In the context of NetCDF files, these refer specifically to the values within the file, and the attributes of the file, respectively.

John

P.S.  Thanks everyone for all the hard work this past month, and for putting up with my bull-by-horns style of leading the calls.  As Anna said, we've produced a lot of very good documentation through this process.  Meeting notes/update to follow.

John Graybeal
Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org
jbgraybeal at mindspring.com