[Esip-documentation] ACDD 1.3 approval vote initiated

John Graybeal via Esip-documentation esip-documentation at lists.esipfed.org
Tue Dec 23 14:14:50 EST 2014

The document I circulated Friday night (http://commons.esipfed.org/acdd_1-3_references) has pointers back to all the historical documentation.

On the one hand, it's true that it takes a lot of time to find the relevant historical material, especially as many changes were being made to the Google table and discussions were held/modifications made in 4 or 5 forums. On the other hand, I'm not sure I've ever seen such thorough history available for any convention iteration (though I'm sure there are some!), so the fact we kept a fairly detailed record of an extensive and heavily discussed set of changes should not be a negative.

Having spent the two hours to look up this particular issue, I can vouch that we had changed the definition for creator_name as Nan described. It reverted back to the circular form after we had the big discussion about changing the meanings of attributes. I can't recall whether we explicitly discussed that reversion, only that it's been that way since October 1. Further details available on request.

John