[Esip-meetings] ESIP Meeting Updates - Moving virtual for next two meetings

Erin Robinson erinrobinson at esipfed.org
Tue Apr 21 12:46:43 EDT 2020

Hi All-

As things continue to be very fluid, the ESIP Board made the decision
yesterday to move both the 2020 ESIP Summer and 2021 ESIP Winter meetings
to virtual meetings. We were in the unusual situation for the Winter 2021
meeting that we had not signed a contract for that space. Normally, we sign
the January contract the January before. With that, combined with the want
to provide some stability for planning to the ESIP community over the next
several months, we are going to invest in virtual conferences and we hope
to reconvene in July 2021 in Burlington, VT.

An announcement is drafted here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/18bZcnt0VKaQbBKcy0qJdAmcHqnXSw78K8LPUeQqOk-s/edit?usp=sharing>
and will go out to the community in the next day, but I did not want to
catch any of you off guard.

Thanks as always for your ongoing support and we are looking forward to
diving in with you on Monday about how we proceed from here -

Erin