[Esip-preserve] AGU Position statement on data preservation and a townhall meeting

Ruth Duerr rduerr at nsidc.org
Wed Aug 12 17:00:40 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

The AGU statement is very broad.  While we could co-sponsor a session
with a similarly broad focus, it might be more practical to limit the
session much as you suggest, though I think the session should address
both producers and consumers of data.

How about a title like "Research, Publications, and Data: Practices to
Ensure Verifiable Science" - I think such a title lends itself to that
slightly broader focus and would allow discussion of identifiers in a
more direct manner.  It's not a great title, so if someone else has
something catchier that gets the point across, please suggest it!

Other than that, I think your general approach works for me.  Any
other ideas?

- Ruth