[Esip-preserve] Some Suggestions on Provenance Work

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Mon Sep 20 12:25:30 EDT 2010

On 09/20/10 12:00, Moses, John F. (GSFC-5860) wrote:
> Any hope for tools to reverse engineer what we have now - derive
> dependencies and structure of stuff in 'dumpsters'?

I think many of the heritage missions are still "live" in that groups
(such as my own) are still reprocessing very old data.  I think the
measurement vs. mission focus helps with this.  It may be in the
interest of various MEASURES projects working on long term trends and
cross-mission datasets to bring the old data they depend on and use as
inputs up to date.

It may be worth identifying older valuable data sets that have lost
their stewards or been otherwise orphaned and give someone a charge to
work with them?

Curt