[Esip-preserve] How to cite the works of the committee

Jeff de La Beaujardiere jeff.delabeaujardiere at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 31 13:04:01 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-31 10:17, Bruce Barkstrom wrote:
> There's been some interesting discussion about the economics of citations
> in several places.  I seem to recall a discussion back about 2001 in DLib
> where publishing companies (Elsevier, et al.) were using citations to
> squeeze
> libraries.  More recently, there was an editorial in CACM on predatory
> scholarship.

Off topic: My curiosity about your mention of "predatory scholarship"
led me to this web site by an academic librarian trying to identify
bogus for-profit journals and publishers: http://ScholarlyOA.com/
<http://scholarlyoa.com/>

--
Jeff de La Beaujardiere, PhD
NOAA Data Management Architect (NESDIS/OSD/TPIO)