[Esip-preserve] Provenance of screenshots used in documents

Karl Benedict kbene at edac.unm.edu
Wed Jun 26 10:53:31 EDT 2013

Another approach to tracking screenshot image metadata would be the
adoption of an embedded or sidecar metadata standard for the attributes
that you mention. An example of such a metadata standard is XMP (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extensible_Metadata_Platform).

Thanks,
Karl

Karl Benedict, Ph.D.
Director, Earth Data Analysis Center
Research Assistant Professor, University Libraries
Research Assistant Professor, Geography Department
University of New Mexico

MAIL / PARCELS
MSC 01 1110 / 400 University NE
1 University of New Mexico / University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131

o (505) 277-3622 x234
m (505) 239-4115
f (505) 277-3614