[Esip-preserve] Reminder: March ESIP Data Stewardship Committee Monthly Call - Monday, 3/21, 2pm ET / 11am PT

Justin Goldstein jgoldstein at usgcrp.gov
Tue Mar 1 15:15:36 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

  You may have seen the "Vice Chair" discussion item on the March meeting
agenda Sophie just sent out.  The ESIP Data Stewardship Committee performs
a ton of activities and contributes significantly to the scholarly
community outside of ESIP.  To allow me to better keep a grasp on (1) the
wide extent of activities our group conducts and (2) the plethora of our
interactions outside the ESIP committee, I am invoking section V.1.2
of the ESIP
bylaws <http://wiki.esipfed.org/images/1/13/Bylaws_12_01_11_FINAL.pdf> and
initiating an election for a vice-chair.  This position is not meant to be
a heavy lift.  Mainly, I’d ask the vice chair to:

·             Upon request, sit in for the chair on recurring meetings
specific to committee activities.

·             Assist the chair with filling Executive Committee (ExCom)
tasks, such as developing workplans, collecting budgetary information, etc.

·             Be involved with RDA, EarthCube, Force11, and/or DataOne,
etc. in order to inform the needs of the Data Stewardship Committee.

These responsibilities would subsequently prepare the ESIP Data Stewardship
Committee vice chair to assume the position of chair upon the expiration of
the chair’s term if the vice-chair is willing.

I bring this up now because we will ask for vice-chair nominations during
our March 21 monthly telecon.  The following forms of nominations will be
permitted: second-party nominations of those present, self-nominations, and
nominations of those not in attendance during the meeting.  I ask everyone
to be thinking about this ahead of our March 21 meeting.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Best,

Justin

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Hou, Chung-Yi via Esip-preserve <
esip-preserve at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> This is your friendly reminder that ESIP Data Stewardship Committee
> Meeting for March will be held on Monday, 3/21, 2pm ET / 11am PT.
>
> The meeting agenda has been posted on the wiki and can also be accessed
> using the following link:
>

> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Interagency_Data_Stewardship/LifeCycle/Preservation_Forum/TeleconNotes/2016-03-21
>

> Please use the following webex/telecon information to join the meeting:
>
> Link to webex:
> https://esipfed.webex.com/mw0401lsp11/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=esipfed
> <http://UrlBlockedError.aspx> Passcode: 23138372
> Telecon: 1-877-668-4493 Access Code: 23138372
>
> Thank you very much,
> Sophie

Justin Goldstein, Ph.D.
Advance Science Climate Data and Observing Systems Coordinator
US Global Change Research Program

1800 G Street NW, Suite 9100,  (*Note New Address)*
Washington, D.C. 20006, U.S.A.
phone: (202) 419-3496
e-mail: jgoldstein AT usgcrp Dot gov

http://www.globalchange.gov