[Esip-preserve] Revising Data citation guidelines

Parsons, Mark parsom3 at rpi.edu
Thu Aug 16 15:21:08 EDT 2018

Hi all,

As you may be aware, we agreed at an unconference session and at the business meeting at the Tucson ESIP meeting that it was time to revise the data citation guidelines. That will be a topic for Monday’s call.

We are taking a two-phased approach First is a basic update to ensure ESIP Guidelines are in line with current standards and discussion on the topic. The second phase is to consider PIDs and referencing more generally.

I have put together a google site<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uxd7G1d1wBVKtrqXSukzZELOlvawLsxPvyOAl49VN7k/edit?usp=sharing> for us to track issues and revise the document.

The issues list <https://docs.google.com/document/d/19gf347eJWxTFkPOoYNV-4WFDOA9UI7O5crYSLMoArPQ/edit?usp=sharing> will be the topic of discussion. You will note that I have highlighted some things in particular. Please review and edit at will.

Talk to y’all Monday

cheers,

-m.

Mark A. Parsons
0000-0002-7723-0950
Senior Research Scientist
Tetherless World Constellation
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
http://tw.rpi.edu
 +1 303 941 9986
Skype: mark.a.parsons
mail: 1550 Linden Ave., Boulder CO 80304, USA