[Esip-sample-curation] Reminder - ESIP session Thursday July 22nd at 11am ET!

Sarah Ramdeen sramdeen at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Jul 16 17:22:21 EDT 2021

Hello Everyone,
As a reminder, the ESIP 'Summer' meeting is taking place next week.  At the
meeting, this cluster will be holding a working session.  See the session
description (https://sched.co/jMP3) and agenda below. The session will take
place Thursday July 22nd at 11am ET.

The main focus of the session will be to continue the work from the
monthly calls on our recommendations for journals for citing samples.  In
particular, we will be looking for examples, resources to include, and use
cases.  The goal will be to capture this information and then revisit it at
our August call for synthesis.

As a reminder, we will not hold our July monthly meeting.  Our next meeting
will be August 24th @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm (see the calendar for zoom links
https://www.esipfed.org/get-involved/telecon-calendar).

Agenda:

   - Introduction (5 minutes)
   - Presentations on related activities (30 minutes)
      - iSamples and Sampling Nature
      - RDA  Physical Samples and Collections in the Research Data
      Ecosystem IG
      - Research Artifact Citation Cluster update
      - COPDESS Cluster update (*tentative*)
      - Other
      - Breakout activity (45 minutes)
      - Recap/introduction to breakout activity (5 minutes)
      - Breakout group discussions (30 minutes)
      - Group reports (10 minutes)
   - Closing/Wrap Up (10 minutes)

Thanks!
Sarah