[Esip-sample-curation] Notes and action items from last week's Cluster meeting

Sarah Ramdeen sramdeen at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Sep 2 00:20:38 EDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

Thank you to those of you who attended last week's cluster meeting.  It was
really productive, and I am so glad to see the enthusiasm and
continued engagement by our community.

During the meeting
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xGYLWdtCYDz_KJ4JOeU1w0_gvjdAKCOLPT83h4yPmTU/edit?usp=sharing>
we reviewed the outcomes of the ESIP Summer meeting session
<https://sched.co/jMP3>.  Joan Damerow led us by consolidating the
materials into an outline
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QJ9V9lFrcQ_TRgePZbURRpPM4BT_Lkt--PuOs_jzSm8/edit?usp=sharing>.
The goal is to create a document with guidance for journals on samples
(similar to those on data). Denise Hills shared some examples
<https://publishing.aip.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/AIPP-Data_Availability_Statement-Jan2020.pdf>
of how we might collate the information into a single 1-2 page handout, and
from there, we began drafting a structure
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A9Y2L4NjhNcGBDDP6MAyOQM6Iq5IPX9CuCNJa8zVo1g/edit?usp=sharing>
.

The action item from the meeting is to have everyone review the content we
captured so far (Joan's outline from the summer meeting
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QJ9V9lFrcQ_TRgePZbURRpPM4BT_Lkt--PuOs_jzSm8/edit?usp=sharing>
and our previous brainstorming efforts
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/12gvco8I-VYB66TRqbNS8pa0gv200fViRPf13ZdCnuXE/edit?usp=sharing>)
and make suggestions on the draft structure document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A9Y2L4NjhNcGBDDP6MAyOQM6Iq5IPX9CuCNJa8zVo1g/edit?usp=sharing>.
Once we have an idea on what broad topics we want to include and in what
format, we can start filling it in with content from these various
documents.

We hope to have a rough draft done by GSA so we might gain feedback from
the community through the Help Desk, but this is not a requirement.  We
appreciate any suggestions and contributions.

Feel free to ask questions on the list or add comments to any of the linked
documents.

Thanks!
Sarah

--