[Esip-sample-curation] Help write a cluster abstract for SPNHC - due Friday (28th) evening

Andrea Thomer athomer at umich.edu
Wed Jan 26 20:50:23 EST 2022

Hi all - I added a bunch of text (hopefully not too much).

I'm also submitting an abstract on a related project, so if this winds up
being a poster, I'm happy to steward that to Edinburgh if others aren't
attending (and if the conference stays in person). However, SPNHC is
usually a pretty fun time, so I highly recommend attending if you can.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 5:54 PM Sarah Ramdeen via Esip-sample-curation <
esip-sample-curation at lists.esipfed.org> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Thank you to everyone who attended our ESIP session last week. It was a
> great success as always (it helps to have such a strong and active
> community!).
>
> One of the topics brought up at the session was the idea to submit an
> abstract to SPNHC on the topic of our sample sharing guidelines. The idea
> was to get feedback from a broader community on our progress, and to look
> for external reviewers or adopters.
>
> For those not familiar, SPNHC is the Society for the Preservation of
> Natural History Collections <https://spnhc2022.com/> (SPNHC).  Their
> annual meeting will take place in June of this year and will support
> virtual participation.
>
> I have put together a google doc
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S4oDARe5xbB94-JxjQ7dAUB3zX0sEFOx0ptKPazlK1U/edit?usp=sharing>
> to create an abstract along with a suggested session for submission.  At
> the moment it is only a rough outline. Please have a look and contribute
> (which session to submit to, edits/additions to the text, your name as an
> author, etc.).
>
> I will send out a reminder to contribute Friday morning and submit the
> final version of the abstract Friday afternoon CST.
>
> Thanks!
> Sarah
>
> --
> Dr. Sarah Ramdeen
> Postdoctoral Research Scientist
> <https://www.earth.columbia.edu/users/profile/sarah-elisabeth-ramdeen>
> Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University
> ORCiD: 0000-0003-1135-5942 <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1135-5942>
>
> Projects: System for Earth Sample Registration <http://geosamples.org/>
>  (SESAR), iSamples <http://isamples.org/>, Sampling Nature RCN
> <http://samplingnature.org/>, IGSN 2040/IGSN e.V. <https://www.igsn.org/>