[Esip-sample-curation] iSamples Updates/newsletter

Sarah Ramdeen sramdeen at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu May 26 16:22:35 EDT 2022

Hello Everyone,

I am passing along this update from the iSamples project.  We have created
a newsletter on the project progress and thought it might be of interest to
this community.  You can view the newsletter in our Zenodo community space:
https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.6582199

iSamples is a 4 year, NSF funded project to build cyberinfrastructure that
intends to revolutionize discoverability and the management of material
samples. This newsletter contains updates on the project which includes:

   -

   Prototype of iSamples Central web interface
   <https://hyde.cyverse.org/isamples_central/ui/>.
   -

   Draft core metadata model <https://isamplesorg.github.io/metadata> for
   samples.
   -

   Upper level controlled vocabularies for Specimen Type, Material Type,
   and Sampled Feature <https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.6502970>.

You can provide feedback on these items by creating an issue on GitHub
https://github.com/isamplesorg/home/issues/new

Thanks!
Sarah

--