[Esip-sample-curation] ESIP Physical Samples Cluster meeting

Stanley, Valerie val.stanley at oregonstate.edu
Fri Sep 16 18:14:38 EDT 2022

Good afternoon all,

I have a scheduling conflict, and cannot attend Monday's regularly scheduled meeting. While I won't be there, you are all welcome to meet up and chip away at our Sample Sharing Guidelines<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JnoWC9IE9r4LIa6mYeCjehuMJ6GARU3LDobpau9waz4/edit#heading=h.k7ajtid4jbww>! All I ask is that you please take some notes<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xGYLWdtCYDz_KJ4JOeU1w0_gvjdAKCOLPT83h4yPmTU/edit> and let me know how it went. :)

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87862084252?pwd=bjFtRkVOSFhDNlM2ZndPbUN2dUJsUT09
Meeting ID: 878 6208 4252
Passcode: 319723

Some key notes and links from last month's meeting:

  *   Next steps - writing sessions to edit the sections addressed in breakout activities. Then go back to the full draft, with a timeline of December to get a draft complete.
     *   Use our internal version https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JnoWC9IE9r4LIa6mYeCjehuMJ6GARU3LDobpau9waz4/edit#heading=h.fz1rbmfg5omd (sarah will update public version)
     *   Suggestion - small groups focus on sections, then send draft to group in advance of full group meeting, and come to meeting with questions to discuss and specific sections to work on as a whole, or bigger questions that cross sections.
     *   Identify leaders for each section below:
        *   Peer review/paper acceptance
        *   Data Availability (conceptual and practical, can separate if needed)
        *   Preamble and definition of sample/specimen for this doc
        *   Guidelines for identifiers
        *   Defining/selecting repository (physical and metadata) - completed by Val/Sarah to be reviewed by someone else
        *   Checklist - completed by Adam, to be review by someone else
        *   Templates - to be completed/not yet edited

Reminder: please add your availability to the poll for a new meeting time: https://www.when2meet.com/?16840562-zZPQN

Have a wonderful weekend,
Val

Val Stanley, Antarctic Core Curator, Marine and Geology Repository
Oregon State University | College of Earth, Oceanic, and Atmospheric Sciences
4700 SW Research Way | Corvallis, OR 97333 | +1 (541) 737-8210