[Esip-sample-curation] Updates on open samples flyer, checklist, and paper

Joan Damerow JoanDamerow at lbl.gov
Wed Nov 29 13:46:30 EST 2023

Hi all,

First, just a reminder to submit any *revisions to the flyer for AGU
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13pLEqOKTDVCqYh9zpdDGuvWvCFlS208XKl66jC3LVi8/edit#heading=h.1ozxylb6aae6>
by the end of today* (see Natalie's previous message below).

Second, the author checklist
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PbLW3SUtr_HZZ_4XnUIZN3dezsIZnR7V9H4ot7prwAg/edit>
is nearing a final version, and we are planning to reserve a doi,
and provide a link to it on the flyer if possible.  So, *please provide any
revisions to the first version of the checklist by next Wed (Dec 6) *so we
can publish that doi as well in Figshare.

Third, we have a couple of *writing sprints scheduled*, and welcome any
additional participants. Please note that there was a time zone typo on the
previous meeting reminder message, with the correct times listed here. Let
me know if you would like to be added to calendar invite or just join the
zoom listed at the end of this message
- Tomorrow, Nov 30 8-11 am PT; 11 am - 2 pm ET
- Tues, Dec 19 8 - 10 am PT; 11 am - 1 pm ET

Fourth, we have a session scheduled for the ESIP meeting on January 26 11
am - 12:30 pm ET: Community and Technical Needs to Facilitate Sample
Citation. And plan to have a complete draft of the paper by then.

*Join Zoom Meeting*

*https://esipfed-org.zoom.us/j/87862084252?pwd=bjFtRkVOSFhDNlM2ZndPbUN2dUJsUT09
<https://esipfed-org.zoom.us/j/87862084252?pwd=bjFtRkVOSFhDNlM2ZndPbUN2dUJsUT09>*

*Meeting ID: 878 6208 4252*