[Esip-sample-curation] ESIP Sample Guidance Paper

Joan Damerow JoanDamerow at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 14 16:48:20 EDT 2024

Dear Physical Samples Curation Cluster,

We are finalizing our cluster's collaborative paper, associated with our
recently published author guidelines, that we have been discussing in our
cluster sessions and calls. We wanted to keep you all informed on progress,
and provide one last chance if anyone is interested in contributing.

Add your information here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19UxNmOBN0pfEUE5UNfwfQ9VlHCkeGG4rSUVR3VrdzrM/edit#gid=0>
if
you are interested in contributing to this paper. We (the lead authors who
have been organizing and drafting much of the paper - Andrea Thomer,
Natalie Raia, Saebs Choe, and I) ask that anyone contributing fully review
and sign off on both the guidelines and paper.  *Please review the draft
paper and provide edits/comments by March 21 (or let me know if not
possible and need more time).* We are planning to submit to Nature
Scientific Data by the end of the month, if possible.

Link to published author guidelines
<https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.24669057.v1>
Link to draft author guidelines where you can add comments
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mCKOd7YoR_29V1giHLFVruFmAn1LnUWtOMiaJCEJC2o/edit#heading=h.qtqnd262s2d2>
Link to draft paper
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YLO64udvUHRrzHlCH2cuf3UHaZNLKi8yQB4zsfNWquw/edit>

As you may know, we have published the author guidelines in the ESIP
Figshare, and plan to publish a V2 soon with some enhancements (e.g.
introduction) to then go through the ESIP endorsement process.

Best regards,
Joan, on behalf of the ESIP Physical Samples Curation Cluster co-chairs

--
Joan E. Damerow
Research Scientist