[Esip-schema-dot-org] Fwd: Re: [esip-semantictech] AGU Fall Meeting 2019 Semantic Technologies Workshops of Interest

Adam Shepherd ashepherd at whoi.edu
Wed Nov 20 15:04:53 EST 2019

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject: 	Re: [esip-semantictech] AGU Fall Meeting 2019 Semantic
Technologies Workshops of Interest
Date: 	Wed, 20 Nov 2019 20:00:25 +0000
From: 	Mcgibbney, Lewis J (172B) via esip-semanticweb
<esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org>
To: 	esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org
<esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org>,
esip-semanticharmonization at lists.esipfed.org
<esip-semanticharmonization at lists.esipfed.org>, Mcgibbney, Lewis J
(172B) via Esip-cor <esip-cor at lists.esipfed.org>,
esip-all at lists.esipfed.org <esip-all at lists.esipfed.org>,
esdswg-all at lists.nasa.gov <esdswg-all at lists.nasa.gov>,
geosemweb at lists.opengeospatial.org <geosemweb at lists.opengeospatial.org>,
owg at list.jpl.nasa.gov <owg at list.jpl.nasa.gov>, Esip-schema-dot-org
<esip-schema-dot-org-bounces at lists.esipfed.org>

Hi All,

Thank you to all that have shown interest in both of the workshops
stated below

*Workshop Title*:geoschemas.org <http://geoschemas.org>:
publishingschema.org <http://schema.org>as JSON-LD for the geosciences
(SCIWS10)

*Date and Time*: Monday, 9 December 2019: 8:00 - 12:20
*Location*: Grand Hyatt, Room: GB West

*Information*:https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/meetingapp.cgi/Session/82757

*Workshop Title*: 1st AGU Fall Meeting Geoscience Community Ontology
Engineering Workshop (GCOEW) (SCIWS2)

*Date and Time*: Monday, 9 December 2019: 13:40 - 18:00
*Location*: Grand Hyatt, Room: GB East

*Information*:https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/meetingapp.cgi/Session/80581

We currently have 9 registrants signed up for SCIWS10 and 6 registrants
signed up for SCIWS2… both of which are below the minimum threshold
(10-15 physical registrants) that AGU are comfortable with at this point
in time. This is to say that if we don’t get more physical registrants
then both workshops may not see the light of day! As the community has
already indicated, we plan to have decent online attendance, so I am
working with AGU organizers to manage their concerns.

The email therefore acts are a prompt for community members to
considering registering for either or both of the above workshops. Both
workshops promise to be hands on, being led by experts from the ESIP
community.

Workshop registration closes end of day Wednesday, 27 November so you
still have plenty of time to sign up.

Best

Lewis

(On behalf of all workshop organizers)

Dr. Lewis John McGibbney Ph.D., B.Sc.(Hons)

Enterprise Search Technologist

Web and Mobile Application Development Group (172B)

Application, Consulting, Development and Engineering Section (1722)

Info & Engineering Technology Planning and Development Division (1720)

Jet Propulsion Laboratory

California Institute of Technology

4800 Oak Grove Drive

Pasadena, California 91109-8099