[Esip-schema-dot-org] No mtg this week

Adam Shepherd ashepherd at whoi.edu
Mon Feb 19 14:07:43 EST 2024

Hi schema.org<http://schema.org> enthusiasts,

I’m away this week and unable to pull away to run our meeting Thursday @ 2:30pmET. We will reconvene on March 28th 2 2:30pm ET. In the meantime, there is a really interesting schema.org<http://schema.org> related talk scheduled by the ESIP Data Readiness Cluster on "Croissant: A High-Level Metadata Vocabulary for ML Datasets” by Omar Benjelloun from Google (details below). Ripped from the Croissant Github<https://github.com/mlcommons/croissant> Croissant 🥐 is a high-level format for machine learning datasets that combines metadata, resource file descriptions, data structure, and default ML semantics into a single file; it works with existing datasets to make them easier to find, use, and support with tools. Croissant builds on schema.org<http://schema.org>, and its Dataset vocabulary, a widely used format to represent datasets on the Web, and make them searchable.

Thank you to all who participated in the ESIP Winter Meeting last month!

ESIP Data Readiness - Croissant Talk

February 20, 2024 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm

Room 4 is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://esipfed-org.zoom.us/j/88105672081?pwd=Z2JPcjMzV3BpOWhQRkQ0b29LQlBlZz09<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://esipfed-org.zoom.us/j/88105672081?pwd%3DZ2JPcjMzV3BpOWhQRkQ0b29LQlBlZz09&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1676825888647958&usg=AOvVaw0N2V6HQ2QjTl_zxxRdu70d>

Zoom:  https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84043422486?pwd=bGM4YkFyMkFGSW1FZG5yaFRNaGNvdz09
Meeting ID: 840 4342 2486
Passcode: 940272

4th Thursday at 2:30pmET