[Esip-schema-dot-org] TimeSeries data as an extension of CreativeWorkW

Dan Brickley danbri at google.com
Sun Mar 17 18:43:13 EDT 2024

Could I encourage you to take a look at the approach that DataCommons.org
have been using for a while? The basic vocabulary for it is in Schema.org
but you'll probably find
https://github.com/datacommonsorg/data/blob/master/docs/representing_statistics.md
a good entry point. That repo uses MCF which is in fact RDF's ancestor; if
you can read Turtle it should be obvious enough. There is a lot of data in
https://github.com/datacommonsorg/data/tree/master/scripts - most typically
a combination of tabular input data plus a template file that maps into the
schema markup to describe an observation of a statistical variable in a
place and at a time.

I'd be interested to hear whether what you're trying to do could plug in
alongside these efforts in some way...

cheers,

Dan