[Esip-semanticharmonization] [EXT]Re: [EXTERNAL] SWEET ENVO Cryosphere term mapping

Kai Blumberg kblumberg at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 17 15:21:37 EDT 2020

Yes I did, SWEET is small enough that I find working with it manually to be
most efficient, especially for a task like this. Unfortunately as far as I
can tell, SWEET terms still don’t have definitions at least the version
shown on bioportal, and their id’s which should be URLS e.g.,
http://sweetontology.net/matrWater/Hydrate don’t seem to resolve.

There are some automated mappings for example this one made by Chris
Mungall 5 years ago
<https://github.com/EnvironmentOntology/envo/blob/master/mappings/sweetrealm-mapping.tsv>.
Bioportal also has a feature that does automated mappings, see this one
between SWEET and ENVO
<https://bioportal.bioontology.org/mappings/show/SWEET?target=http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/ENVO&height=600&width=800>.

Cheers,
Kai