[Esip-semanticharmonization] Reminder on today's (9/16/20) ESIP Semantic Harmonization group meeting

Gary Berg-Cross gbergcross at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:16:57 EDT 2020

> The ESIP Semantic Harmonization Topic for work may be TBD, but work on
> the 5 pager was mentioned last week during the Hackathon session...but we
> are almost done with

the Cryo terms.....
> To join our ESIP Semantic Harmonization group meeting
> from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
> https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/800617765
>
> You can also dial in using your phone.
> United States: +1 (408) 650-3123
> <+14086503123,,800617765#>Access Code: 800-617-765

Gary Berg-Cross Ph.D.
Independent Consultant
Potomac, MD
240-426-0770

Alexis de Tocqueville,  who studied us in the 1830s, wrote
<https://books.google.com/books?id=SNYZBQAAQBAJ&pg=PA108&lpg=PA108&dq=%E2%80%9CIndividualism,+at+first,+only+saps+the+virtue+of+public+life%22&source=bl&ots=0-7nby6tpn&sig=ACfU3U38h5a0gmoZPAzlrR15Z6LA96TmHg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiRu-yt_7vrAhVYlXIEHcPkD3EQ6AEwAnoECAIQAQ#v=onepage&q=%E2%80%9CIndividualism%2C%20at%20first%2C%20only%20saps%20the%20virtue%20of%20public%20life%22&f=false>
that
America’s cult of individualism was perilously close to raw selfishness —
the “me first” instinct we often see today.

“Individualism, at first, only saps the virtue of public life, but, in the
long run, it attacks and destroys all others, and is at length absorbed in
downright selfishness” — a strait that he warned “blights the germ of all
virtue.”