[Esip-semanticharmonization] Reminder to join tomorrow's (4/14/2021 2-4 EST) ESIP Semantic Harmonization 2 hour group meeting

Mark Schildhauer schild at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 14 13:29:57 EDT 2021

Hi Gary et al.,

I can't make today's Semantic Harmonization meeting due to some other
pressing deadlines.

Based on yesterday's SemTech call, I think we should elaborate on some of
the implications for our  Harmonization Work as mentioned in Brandon's
revised budget for SemTech.

Eg. there was the idea about making SWEET serve as the Rosetta Stone to
harmonize multiple vocabs. What is the semantic depth, and hence usefulness
we hope to achieve with this?

Also it would be nice to have a more details about what is meant by
enhancing the semantic format of the new version of GCMD, as discussed here:

https://github.com/ESIPFed/sweet/issues/159
and here:
https://github.com/ESIPFed/sweet/pull/225

 Sorry to miss today's discussion. Looking forward to reviewing the notes!

cheers,
Mark
-----
Mark Schildhauer, PhD
Center Associate
Director of Computing (ret.)
Co-PI, Arctic Data Center
ORCID:  0000-0003-0632-7576 <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0632-7576>
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis, NCEAS, UCSB
735 State St., Suite 300
Santa Barbara CA 93101
Email: schild at nceas dot ucsb dot edu
Web: http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu; http://arcticdata.io <http://arcticdata.io/>
; http://lternet.edu
NOTE CHANGE-- Ph: 805-886-9526  FAX: 805-893-7541