[Esip-semanticharmonization] [EXT]Re: SKOS problem, Re: Reminder to join Wednesday's (2/16/2022 2-3 Eastern US, 6-7 UTC) ESIP Semantic Harmonization

Nancy Wiegand wiegand at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 17 11:05:39 EST 2022

I'm trying a reply all again, but I get error messages when I do that.
So, we'll see.
        Anyway, for me, I realized the problem was, reading left to
right, whether I think to myself 'has Broader category' or 'is broader
category'. I think SKOS sets it as 'has' versus 'is'.
        So, 'mammals' has broader category 'animals'. This appears to be
the SKOS convention. This coincides with what Kai just emailed.
Personally, I'm not certain. But, should we go with that?
Nancy