[Esip-semanticharmonization] Reminder for interested parties to join (today) Wednesday's (9/14 /2022 2-4 Eastern US, 6-8 UTC) ESIP Semantic Harmonization - 2 hour meeting

Nancy Wiegand wiegand at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 14 11:05:06 EDT 2022

All, I was just about to send this email not knowing if we were meeting
today. I'll send it anyway:

*

STEPS

NW: Could someone list the steps we followed, just to help me out if not
also for revising the next section  on Process? Pier’s figure shows
general steps. But, what were our specific steps for cryo?

For example:

Step 1: Start with 33 (or 38?) terms identified by Ruth Duerr that
needed definitions, etc. to add to ENVO.

Step 2: Find those terms in SWEET (or did we look in ENVO first?)

Step 3: Discuss each term as a group at our virtual meetings to be able
to write axioms for each term and then formally add terms to ENVO in the
appropriate place/hierarchy (This step would be expanded.)

Steps next: ...

Step last: Compare similar terms between ENVO and SWEET and mark their
relationship as closeMatch, broaderThan, etc. using SKOS mapping terms.
This step used SSSOM as a layout model (mapping tables) and will use
Robot to upload. Where will these mappings be stored?

    Process

*
Thanks,
Nancy