[esip-semanticweb] Ontology/Semantic Web Help Needed - ESIP Network Map

Curt Tilmes Curt.Tilmes at nasa.gov
Fri Jun 24 16:05:51 EDT 2011

On 06/24/2011 03:51 PM, Erin Robinson wrote:
> One of the things that has been under discussion recently is visualizing
> ESIP network, since most people say that the main reason they
> participate in ESIP is for the networking potential.
>
> I think an ontology that includes people, member organizations and ESIP
> collaboration areas (cluster/work group/committee) would allow me to
> define the relationships between these groups (i.e. Peter Fox is a
> person who works at TWC-RPI. TWC-RPI is a type II ESIP and Peter
> Fox participates in Semantic Web ESIP cluster). I haven't ever created
> an ontology, so I thought I would ping this group to see if you have any
> pointers to useful tools or are interested in putting this together. We
> have a lot of data - where participants come from and which clusters
> they work with, but help getting it into a format to visualize would be
> a huge help.

I think those entities can easily fit into (on top of? around?) the
'Project' tutorial ontology.

So far, it's focus is which Projects are People associated with.

Look at this:

http://cmapspublic3.ihmc.us/rid=1294076044868_2063735762_17537/ESIP_Projects_v1.cmap

More info here:
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Semantic_Web_Tutorials