[esip-semantictech] schema.org, roadmap, symposium matters

Adam Shepherd ashepherd at whoi.edu
Thu Oct 18 08:21:46 EDT 2018

Hi folks, thanks for getting his started on all the many fronts!

I would agree with Lewis about a schema.org <http://schema.org> session
at US2TS. It might be nice to look at how to properly extend schema.org
<http://schema.org> in that context as it might draw Dan Brickley and/or
Natasha to attend. I was thinking we could briefly review a successful
extension (GS1), propose some extensions from the geosciences (improving
temporal coverage of Dataset - with OWL Time, SWEET,) and use mode of
the time brainstorming on the mechanics of the extension (how best to
link into schema.org <http://schema.org> core classes and properties)
and constructing the data model for the extension (identify the new
classes and properties needed to describe temporal coverage needs.

For ESIP winter meeting, I was thinking in advance of US2TS, we might
propose more along a workshop session for building out the data model
for this dataset temporal coverage model and/or describing data access
APIs (as opposed to the static datasets schema.org <http://schema.org>
describes).

If anyone doesn’t object, I’d be happy to write up both.

Best, Adam

Adam Shepherd email:ashepherd at whoi.edu
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution voice: 508.289.2772
MS #36, Shiverick                                      ORCID:
0000-0003-4486-9448
Woods Hole, MA  02543

Technical Director
Biological and Chemical Oceanography Data Management Office
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashep15/
https://www.bco-dmo.org

On Oct 17, 2018, at 6:38 PM, Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398M) via
esip-semanticweb <esip-semanticweb at lists.esipfed.org