[esip-semantictech] Invitation to participate in a survey on Ontology Competency Questions

Mary-Jane Antia antmar012 at myuct.ac.za
Tue Jan 17 04:33:21 EST 2023

Dear ESIP ,The survey is titled:"AutomaticallyGeneratedCompetencyQuestions"

you have been invited to participate in a survey.

My name is Mary-Jane Antia. I am a PhD student in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. In my research titled “Automatic generation of Competency Questions from text-corpora,” I am using a combination of template and machine learning methods to automatically generate Ontology Competency Questions. The rationales underpinning this research are the documented issues associated with Competency Questions (CQs) experienced by Ontology engineers, domain experts and users. These issues include the time-consuming nature required for manually generating CQs, leading to many developers not making use of them; the problem of CQs not being answerable by ontologies as well as issues around the unrelated nature of some CQs to the ontologies they were developed for.  As part of our work to resolve these issues, we would like you to please complete a survey on CQs, found here. The survey will take approximately 10 mins of you time. I would be so very grateful for your support on this piece of work.To participate, please click on the link below.PS: My sincere apologies to those partcipants who may be receiving ths for a second time. I had to resend as some people did not recieve the first message. Please kindly use the current link as I had made a little tweak to the survey. Thanks for your understanding.Sincerely,Mary-Jane Antia (antmar012 at myuct.ac.za)----------------------------------------------Click here to do the survey:https://survey.cs.uct.ac.za/limesurvey/index.php/159333?token=2ggxjm&lang=en