[Esip-sustainabledm] ESIP meeting, next week

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Tue Jan 11 13:16:22 EST 2022

Hi all -
as you know, the winter ESIP meeting is next week (Tuesday - Friday), with
the theme of  "Data for All People: From Generation to Use and
Understanding."

The Opening Plenary (Tue AM) is titled "Moving beyond Principles to
Practice - Engaging Indigenous Communities". The  plenary is a panel of 4
speakers - one of whom is Stephanie Carrol, who we have been working with
on our CARE guidelines for repositories.  The plenary speakers will be
followed by 4 breakout sessions, and each group will be asked to record
takeaways to help think through next steps for the community as a whole
looking forward, especially to our July Meeting. *I am hoping that our
cluster can divide themselves up among these breakouts, to help work
through potential next steps*.

Susan is very motivated on this topic, and plans for ESIP to continue the
discussion at the summer meeting and beyond. This is a great way for our
cluster to take our experiences to this larger group.

See you next week!
Margaret

PS - our regular meeting is scheduled for next Friday (during ESIP), so we
will cancel.

Margaret O'Brien
ORCID: 0000-0002-1693-8322
Information Management