[Energy] Knowledge Systems for Sustainability

Brian Wee bwee at neoninc.org
Thu Jan 31 15:47:50 EST 2013

Hi,

This is a follow-up to the discussion point this afternoon during the concall about the intersection between ESIP and USAID.  I had mentioned that the Knowledge Systems for Sustainability (KSS) initiative co-lead by the Univ. of Wisconsin, ORNL, and CSIRO has previously worked with USAID folks in a workshop talking about these issues of getting from data to decisions.  One of the primary PIs on the KSS is Molly Jahn.  She was up till recently Deputy and Acting Under Secretary of Research, Education and Economics at the U.S. Department of Agriculture, predecessor to Ann Bartuska who spoke at the winter meeting.

Dave LeZaks (CCed) is the managing scientist for KSS and CCed here.  Dave attended the ESIP winter meeting and attending the our breakout as well as the Earth Science Collaboratory breakout.  Dave can provide more info on the KSS if desired.  (Dave: I can explain what this is about if we find a time to talk over the phone like later today or tomorrow... faster than emailing.)

- Brian W.