[Energy] ESIP Energy & Climate WG telecon - Cancelled for today

Eckman, Richard S. (LARC-E3) via Energy energy at lists.esipfed.org
Thu Jul 24 08:26:32 EDT 2014

All,

We had initially planned to hold a telecom today (the regular 4th Thursday of the month ESIP Energy & Climate WG time), but several issues have caused us, regrettably, to cancel today's call. I'm in the midst of a NASA ROSES proposal review panel and I won't be available today. Also, we understand that ESIP typically cancels the working group telecons during the summer because of vacations and travel.

We don't want to wholly lose the momentum generated from the recent ESIP summer meeting breakout session and we'd like to propose that we hold a call on the 4th Thursday of August (28 August), if we can assemble a critical mass, to discuss next steps in supporting the US GEO 2nd Earth Observations Assessment.

In addition, Ana and I are proposing a breakout session at the next NCSE annual meeting, to be held in Washington on 27-29 January 2015 to better engage end-user perspectives in the use of Earth observations for energy decision support. We think that this would be very relevant as a follow-up to the ESIP Summer meeting discussions. As we hear of our proposal's disposition, we'll pass along this information to the ESIP group.

Note that this e-mail is also going to the original ESIP Energy & Climate working group e-mail list. For those receiving it who do not wish to be on the list, please unsubscribe per the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail or send me a request.

Thanks!

Regards,

Richard & Ana

--
Dr. Richard Eckman
Manager, Atmospheric Composition Modeling and Analysis Program

202-358-2567 (HQ Office)
202-358-2770 (HQ Fax)
757-272-5565 (Cell)
Richard.S.Eckman at nasa.gov