[Esip-agclimate] ESIP Agriculture and Climate Cluster telecon - May 6, 2014, 3 pm (EDT)

Reid Boehm via Esip-agclimate esip-agclimate at lists.esipfed.org
Tue May 6 16:04:36 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,
Thanks for a great meeting today. I am writing as student fellow to send
along the meeting notes. I will also post these on the wiki and the
commons.
Please let me know if there is anything I missed or should clarify in
further detail.

ESIP ag climate cluster meeting notes 05/06/2014

Attendees:
Bill Teng
Erin Robinson
Nancy Hoebelheinrich
Barry Weiss
One other person?

Summarizing meeting with Mark Walbridge:
should be able to make it to the session if it is on Thursday
seems better to try and address how to be useful - what can we offer that
is not directly related to what they are doing - inventory of NASA data -
focusing where we are coming from, something to focus on near-term is SMAP
Discuss how we do this as a group or with other working groups
Would want to have some ideas available to present, but not finished
products
LTAR - the base sites all have base funding now - the data system parts are
too early for being able to participate, but looking towards the winter
meeting in DC
Randy Johnson is a future contact for talking about the regional climate
hubs - just needs to contact

Barry Weiss can get together a presentation about SMAP features
Also mentions 2-3 other products that are going up (one with USGS) OCO2
(Barry will ask if they have something)

2 LTAR meetings coming up this summer - May and August (Talk about
potential representation in CO in May by Erin or others)
The posted link is information that Mark mentioned in meetings - ongoing
programs: ARS stewards
Consideration for winter meetings - Erin
Theme for with emphasis on agriculture and climate - plenary and sessions
would focus more on this
Announce in the summer meeting  Jan 6-8 in Washington DC
Looking for scientist (people at GSSC) to speak - and policy speaker (USDA)
- also Bill Hohenstein as contact
Create a list of people who might be good to ask
Bill invites others to input into theme to go to visioneers: "Data and
services for mitigating and adapting to climate effects in agriculture"
Next meeting, Tuesday, June 3, 2014 at 3pm EST

Have a great afternoon,

-- Reid

Reid Isaac Boehm
Doctoral Student and Graduate Research/Teaching Associate

School of Information Science
College of Communication and Information
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
1345 Circle Park Drive  * 451 Communications Bldg * Knoxville,  TN  *
 37996-0341 USA
email: mboehm at utk.edu * phone:  865-202-6534