[Esip-agclimate] AI / machine learning and ag + eROSA

Bill Teng william.l.teng at nasa.gov
Mon Jun 25 17:35:41 EDT 2018

Also, in our wiki page, under "Active Collaborations," the page on RDA,
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Research_Data_Alliance_(RDA), I've
added a new link to eROSA (e-infrastructure Roadmap for Open Science in
Agriculture). Nancy would have better info on this, but I think eROSA is
a separate European initiative, not directly related to RDA. But, RDA's
IGAD (Agriculture Data Interest Group) is involved somehow. In any case,
we're planning to invite the coordinator of the eROSA project, Odile
Hologne (from INRA; http://institut.inra.fr/en), to talk about the
project for our September 4th telecon. So, please pencil that in on your
calendar. :-)

Thanks,
Bill

On 06/25/2018 05:02 PM, Bill Teng wrote:
> Hi, everyone:
>
> I just added a new category, "AI / machine learning-related," under
> "Resources" of our wiki page,
> http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Agriculture_and_Climate.
>
> It's just a one-item list right now,
> https://medium.com/s/ai-for-good/why-farmers-are-turning-to-ai-to-boost-yields-379744fa25f3.
> The content from medium.com on AI and ML seems pretty good, in
> general. This particular article mentions Climate Corporation, with
> which we've been thinking about engaging.
>
> If you have or come across articles or other content types on this
> topic, i.e., AI / ML and ag, please feel free to add them to the list.
>
> And, if this is an area of interest to you, in general (AI / ML) or as
> applied to ag, please let Nancy and me know. I think there will be an
> initiation of a ML Cluster at the Summer meeting in Tucson. If there
> are enough ag & climate people interested, maybe we could meet in
> advance to share some ideas (?).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bill

* Bill Teng, Ph.D.                   |  William.L.Teng at nasa.gov        *
* Goddard Earth Sciences DISC        |  (301) 614-5164 (voice)         *
* (ADNET Systems, Inc.)              |  (301) 614-5268 (fax)           *
* NASA Goddard Space Flight Center   |  http://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/     *
* Code 610.2                         |                                 *
* Greenbelt. MD. 20771  U.S.A.       |                                 *